The Active Learning in Optics and Photonics (ALOP) Workshop 2017 will be held at Physics Laboratory, Physics Department, Faculty of Information Technology and Sciences, Parahyangan Catholic University, Jl. Ciumbuleuit 94 Bandung on May 15-19, 2017.
- Introduction to Active Learning
- Light and Optics Conceptual Pretest
- Geometric Optics
- Optics of the Eye
- Wave Optics
- Atmospheric Optics
- Optical Communications & WDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing)
- ALOP Workshop Introduction & Summary
- Light and Optics Conceptual Post-test
The Indonesian ALOP workshop will be conducted by facilitators provided by the UNESCO. Three facilitators deliver lectures and hand’s out trainings to the participants. The facilitators are listed below:
- David Sokoloff from University of Oregon (USA)
- Ivan Culaba from Ateneo De Manila University (Philippines)
- Alex Mazzolini from Swinburne University (Australia)
There are 31 participants from high school, universities and institutions from Indonesia and nearby countries. Additional observers from the local institutions will be joining the workshop as well.
Time & Schedule